Near future segment idea for Sam and her staff ...

Hey Sam, I have an idea, and a timely one at that, for you and your staff. You know that one of the reasons why I'm very disgusted (as well as very infuriated as you are about it) about this no-thinking defending of Brett Kavanaugh about the sexual assault accusations of the past as well as the GOP's rush to put him on the Supreme Court without much of an investigation is that it seems to go against just how the GOP used to be in terms of sexual, sexual assault and not abiding by the law issues. A matter-of-fact I'm not to removed for Kavanaugh in terms of when I graduated high school and was going to college. Of course when and where I graduated, back in 1981 (Kavanaugh in 1982), it wasn't a Prep School (for me it was Gulf Comprehensive High School in New Port Richey, FL -- it would later be renamed Gulf High, and many of us graduates nickname it 'Goof High'. LOL!, You would have to been there to understand that) and I certainly didn't attend any Ivy League type of college (for me it was St. Petersburg Junior College from 1981 to 83 and then the University of South Florida from 1983 to 87), but one thing we young men understood (OR at least the majority of us young men understood) IS THAT you don't sexually (or otherwise) assault women or girls (and that it is suppose to be a CRIME if we do). But was is more infuriating and disgusting about this whole matter regarding Kavanaugh is that the although I was a Democrat back then, I knew and understood and witnessed in my early years of voting that the majority of the GOP was against that CRIMINAL and ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR as well, and would not tolerate it even among themselves. This is not to say that it was prudish on either part, I mean President Reagan had divorced Jane Wyman many years earlier, and of course even though he was longtime married to First Lady Nancy Reagan, and he was known as a ladies man (as well as former Democrat who supported Harry Truman for President back in 1948), but at the very least we understood and appreciated that Reagan knew that you don't go around assaulting women and would let young men know that as well. To wit, and this is where I so wish for a future story segment from Full Frontal about this issue no matter what transpires with the Kavanaugh nomination -- hop it is eventually stopped and voted down -- but I'm not holding my breath unfortunately on that, I still remember the late-1970's/early-1980's scandals involving the Congressman who were actually sexually assaulting or at least soliciting their young pages (both girls and boys) and many to almost all, who did, either were impeached, forced to resign OR lost in the next election (AND many of their fellow GOP members, although the Democrats remained in control of the Congress until the 1994 elections, were the ones who called for that as the outcome in outrage over the abusive of power that those Congressional members did to their pages). Another example of how the GOP used to be on these matters actually occurred back during the1986 elections, 32-years ago, within Pasco County, FL (where New Port Richey is) within the GOP itself and the power struggle and election for their organization's Treasurer, and that is a very still well remembered newsy event detailed in the Pasco County newspapers at the time of one of the candidates (and then incumbent party treasurer) ending up committing sexual assault, trying to cover it up, and then it unfortunately for him drip-draping it's way out in the public so badly -- but as it was his defense was an insipid, and I actually quote verbatim here, "I'm as pure as the Virgin Mary". (NO kidding, I could so see and hear Samantha Bee having a wonderful time with that one if you were to follow through with this segment idea, and yes for many of years until I moved up here to Atlanta in June 1994, that remained fodder in local politics throughout the Tampa Bay area on a number of political fronts). But I tell you that DID NOT fly as a defense at all with Pasco County GOP members, and in no time at all, even with them allowing for the first time for a couple of months until the November 1986 election (the incident with the "Virgin Mary" comment happened in June 1986, the ouster took place in July 1986) and the outrage that the majority of the Pasco County GOP members felt about the egg-on-their-face left by what that then Treasurer had done to them, made it that the position of local party Treasurer was NOT FILLED, and was VACANT (for the first time ever in Pasco County GOP politics) until that election in that later month. So, there you have it a possible a story segment about comparing the current defense of Kavanaugh and what more then likely is a man who committed sexual assault when he was younger and getting him on the Supreme Court at all cost, to how the GOP USED to handle such issues, that even me a dye-in-the-wool Democrat would have at least admired, if not even been proud of, and occasionally even been willing to cross party lines to have voted for one or two of their candidates.