Full Frontal with Samantha Bee / August 1, 2018 / Episode Discussion Thread

Tonight Sam takes a look at printable guns, male sexual assault, a new space nation that's definitely a great idea, and the Grannies who are protesting Family Separation. Discuss tonight's episode below!

Comments

• Samantha,
    Thank you so much for broaching the VERY uncomfortable topic of male sexual abuse. Your brief report brought tears to my eyes. I have struggled with my abuse as a young teenager for many years. I have been damaged in ways that have taken me decades to appreciate. I have always lacked the courage to talk to my family about any of this. Creative lies and story manipulation, even with therapists (never for the aforementioned problem) have left this festering sore in my life. Thank you.
    metoo

• Great episode. The Ass Guardians are comedy gold. The bit with the bees was a little discomforting -- anaphylactic shock is a thing -- but given the subject matter, a little discomfort might help get the point across. Thanks so much for the show!

• This episode reminded me of Snowpiercer(2013) movie with chris evans! Or am I the only one who feels this way?

• I was speaking of the space race portion of the episode.

• Women voters are more motivated to vote than ever... rightfully so. But how do you get those lame men to do the same? As a man, I know there are only a few things we really care about... so if you truly want to start a movement, I would suggest: "#NoVoteNoSex" First question every woman should ask is... did you vote? If not, see ya. Go take care of yourself, since you're clearly not willing to take care of me or this country! Let's make it happen, Sam!!