IVANKA INSULT

For God's sake, just apologize properly. I'm a fan, but I was appalled by your insult of Ivanka using 'cunt'. Your second apology today was still bullshit. This is how it should have gone, without a defense and without a but. . . "I apologize to Ivanka Trump for conflating her sweet photo of her and her son with what is happening to immigrant children at the border. Ivanka is not responsible for her father's policies and I was wrong to attack her and not the President, who is solely responsible." Something like that. I, too, hate this administration. I, too, think Ivanka has no business being in this administration, but stick to what's really important.

Comments

• Was a big fan,when a line is crossed sometimes there is no going back.Wrong is just plain wrong. The public are assholes they will forget in a week ,you will be fine.Goodbye.

• Concentrate on making trump & his family apologize for thier actions,Greed,Lies,Treason,Money Laundering,Accepting Bribes From Countries In Exchange For Favorable Policies,just to name a few....Actions are far more dangerous than simply using a word that was Perfectly Used in describing the spoiled little rich girl who is not a success just another extension of the Corrupt Trump Brand...Enough of complaining about the cunt word and anyone apologizing for using thier right to free speech,our country is being fucked by this administration and the Republicans who are allowing it to happen....

• I am a retired English teacher – an old man, and a Progressive. As such I am glad to hear your regret at using the “C-word.” I hope you come to see that “the death of civility” to which you have contributed exposes ALL of us - men, women, and children, bad politicians and good, conservatives AND progressives – to MORE anger and verbal violence in the public arena, not less. You have seen that it distracts in debate from the real issues that you care about! You have, by using such coarse talk, validated the crummy behaviour of the Trumpers against us! You have kicked a ball into our own goal! Please continue to be compassionate about kids, but consider what Gandhi and MLK have shown us – nice words and nice actions go together. You’re too young to know much about Mammy Yokum in the “Li’l Abner” comic strip. She famously said, “Good is better than evil, because it’s NICER.”

• There is also a fine line between being nice and allowing your choice to be passive as a tool to be used against you.For instance when you are confronted in the real world with someone trying to impose thier will and bully you,whether it is in a physical or emotionally abusive way, you have to make the choice to either fight the good fight in that moment or be doomed to be abused over and over again in the same and in some instances,ways that are far worse....I am all for being nice and respectful to people whether we agree or not,but when a line is crossed and another human being is showing you they have no intention of treating you or anyone else with respect,then it’s time to impose your free will and put an end to the nonsense.Problem with people like Donald Trump and others like him who have grown up never being accountable for thier actions ,is they think they can get away with anything,as he has stated himself...Cowards turn and run once someone takes the initiative to punch them in the Fucken Face,it’s to bad we now have a bully in the White House who is untouchable because of the republicans choosing to not do thier job and hold him accountable...In many ways they are even worse than trump because they allow him to stay in the Oval Office as a Useful Fool to them to help pass thier agenda...How do we have a respectful conversation with people who are morally bankrupt and have sold thier soul for a political agenda???

• I was a fan but very disgusted with a public figure such as yourself making light of what you said about another. you are a disgusting human being. I created and registered my account just to give you my 2 cents for what it is worth. You Samantha Bee have no class. Many people in the lime light have done far less and been punished harshly for it. You for some reason have not been reprimanded for your actions there for you joke with your apology. I will quit watching your show and remove TBS and TNT from my favorites list. Everyone should be treated fairly.

• @pjldude said:
    Concentrate on making trump & his family apologize for thier actions,Greed,Lies,Treason,Money Laundering,Accepting Bribes From Countries In Exchange For Favorable Policies,just to name a few....Actions are far more dangerous than simply using a word that was Perfectly Used in describing the spoiled little rich girl who is not a success just another extension of the Corrupt Trump Brand...Enough of complaining about the cunt word and anyone apologizing for using thier right to free speech,our country is being fucked by this administration and the Republicans who are allowing it to happen....

Gee and Hilary didn't do any of this when she was secretary of state? The Clinton foundation did plenty of money laundering, lying and cheating. You forget about Haiti? The Clintons ripped them off too.

• @JohnPalmer said:
    I am a retired English teacher – an old man, and a Progressive. As such I am glad to hear your regret at using the “C-word.” I hope you come to see that “the death of civility” to which you have contributed exposes ALL of us - men, women, and children, bad politicians and good, conservatives AND progressives – to MORE anger and verbal violence in the public arena, not less. You have seen that it distracts in debate from the real issues that you care about! You have, by using such coarse talk, validated the crummy behaviour of the Trumpers against us! You have kicked a ball into our own goal! Please continue to be compassionate about kids, but consider what Gandhi and MLK have shown us – nice words and nice actions go together. You’re too young to know much about Mammy Yokum in the “Li’l Abner” comic strip. She famously said, “Good is better than evil, because it’s NICER.”

@fatboyjohn said:

@pjldude said:
    Concentrate on making trump & his family apologize for thier actions,Greed,Lies,Treason,Money Laundering,Accepting Bribes From Countries In Exchange For Favorable Policies,just to name a few....Actions are far more dangerous than simply using a word that was Perfectly Used in describing the spoiled little rich girl who is not a success just another extension of the Corrupt Trump Brand...Enough of complaining about the cunt word and anyone apologizing for using thier right to free speech,our country is being fucked by this administration and the Republicans who are allowing it to happen....

Gee and Hilary didn't do any of this when she was secretary of state? The Clinton foundation did plenty of money laundering, lying and cheating. You forget about Haiti? The Clintons ripped them off too.

Even if that was the case,trump is a corrupt businessman always has been,difference now is he is wheeling n dealing with a Russian KGB Dictator who is way smarter and no doubt has this douche bag president over the barrel,(and I’m not talking about no piss tape)....Keep making ok in your mind for him to suck the ass of Vladimir Putin and every other dictator around the world,just remember while you and everyone else keep making excuses ,Putin is getting his hold in this country more and more everyday,(not just buying Trump real estate at a premium either,)and when he gets in he will give as much of a shit about you and every other american as he does his own people,which isn’t much at all.....Anyone who backs this cowardly scumbag as president pisses on the graves of the real heroes of this country,ones like my uncle who never got to come back to the country he was ripped open for......The Bone Spur President,A Real Tough Guy,FUCKEN PUSSY!!!!

• @fatboyjohn said:
    I was a fan but very disgusted with a public figure such as yourself making light of what you said about another. you are a disgusting human being. I created and registered my account just to give you my 2 cents for what it is worth. You Samantha Bee have no class. Many people in the lime light have done far less and been punished harshly for it. You for some reason have not been reprimanded for your actions there for you joke with your apology. I will quit watching your show and remove TBS and TNT from my favorites list. Everyone should be treated fairly.

Stick your 2 cents up your ass,by the way they are looking for spineless shithead human beings to fill positions in trumps cabinet,you would be perfect for the Wearing Trumps Balls As A Mustache Position,you also get to lift his spirits everyday by Incessantly kissing his ass and telling him how you have never in all your years of kissing ass,Ever Seen Such A Well Coiffed Head Of Really Fake Hair 😜

• You go girl!

• Samantha Bee, keep being you. Not everyone likes hearing the truth, but we will keep telling it.
    It is sad that more people are upset over a word than how we treat human beings.

• you are all hypocrites who are just simply angry unhappy and disgusting who will act out and justify it with political reasons. what the fuck does immigration have to do with you being a nasty horrible insulting person who raises rabble? your apology is fucking shitty. grow the fuck up. nobody likes you. the democratic party is a fucking joke

• @Soldriver said:
    My only regret about the comment is that the backlash takes heat off this dictator and the incredible damage he is doing to the world. Ivanka is wrapped up in this to her eyeballs. Its not a balanced field when one person gets into the hot seat for using a vulgar term and another person is elected President who uses the same term and works> @jasonemontague said:
    you are all hypocrites who are just simply angry unhappy and disgusting who will act out and justify it with political reasons. what the fuck does immigration have to do with you being a nasty horrible insulting person who raises rabble? your apology is fucking shitty. grow the fuck up. nobody likes you. the democratic party is a fucking joke

Hey @jasonemontague ,Take a deep breath,count to 10 (If you are capable) and repeat after me: I @jasonemontague Also known as Douche Bag,promise to control my incoherent outbursts on this or any other forum, as it is not anyone else’s fault that my dick has never grown after the age of 6,and on top of having no integrity or backbone to seek the truth, I only have the drive to follow this Feckless Cowardly Cunt President Into The Abyss.....

• Okay then, Ivanka Trump is a feckless asshole for not giving one damn about the children being ripped from their families and placed in the custody of strange men, some of whom are KNOWN MOLESTERS! Is that better? I'm willing to not use the C-word regarding her if Don the Con is willing to stop treating real living breathing CHILDREN like they are more worthless than any word ever uttered! Frankly, I'm GLAD that Samantha Bee - a woman who has stood up to the silence and demanded that real and important issues be heard - is telling it like it actually is! And by the way... the C-word is OUR WORD. If anyone is entitled to use it, it is Women, because we have to put up with all the difficulties involved in having one. Full Frontal has been at the forefront of a movement to re-appropriate that word for quite some time, and there are T-shirts as proof of that! No one would have noticed or cared about Samantha Bee's language if there hadn't been the big Roseanne Barr meltdown where she showed her true colors AGAIN (she's always been a bitchy, selfish, egotistical racist and she always will be) and for some reason the Reactionaries of this Nation seem to think they get to skewer a Progressive every time one of their own self-destructs. Well, racist kiddies, you don't get to whine for parity, because that is not how the world works. In fact, YOU MADE SURE THAT WASN'T HOW THE WORLD WORKS. Others don't get parity in their lives, so why should you? And Ivanka needs to STEP UP AND HELP THOSE CHILDREN or step aside and own up to being the greedy, self-involved 'princess' that everyone actually knows her to be.

• TBS, what's with the obvious double standard? Roseanne Barr issues a racial slur on social media and her show is immediately cancelled, Samantha Bee issues one of the crudest comments about a women imaginable and she gets a slap on the wrist. Also, where are the #metoo folks? If a man would have issued that comment he would have been run out of town on a rail but, I hear nothing but silence from the #metoo movement. I guess it's okay for one woman to talk about another woman in this fashion?

• JimmyV: You obviously do not understand what the #MeToo movement is about, or you would not have assumed they'd care about this. The MeToo movement is about empowering survivors of rape and sexual assault, so that Women can begin to get some justice for that horrible crime in this world. Why do you not know that?
    Roseanne Barr has always been a selfish, egocentric racist. I was astounded that ABC rebooted the show, and not at all surprised when she showed her true colors again so quickly. ABC did the right thing cancelling it. It would just have gotten worse if they had not done so. I just feel badly for the other actors and the crew, who lost their jobs because Roseanne showed how mentally-ugly she is AGAIN, in public. Bravo for the ABC execs who made that decision!
    As to why it's okay for Samantha Bee to use the C-word regarding Ivanka "Daddy's little Princess" Trump, you obviously do not realize that there has been a campaign on the show to re-appropriate the word from the Men who believe it is THEIR word to use as a weapon against Women. If anyone deserves to be able to use it, it is those who have one. I suggest that Men start using "limp-cock" or something like that as an insult in the future. Then they would have every right to hold that as their own. In the meanwhile there has been a campaign to change the place of the C-word in our society for quite some time, and Full Frontal is part of that campaign - one of the leaders, in fact.
    Let me put this in imagery that might make sense to you. Ivanka Trump is currently like the big green Hulk - irresponsibly powerful and destructive to other people because she doesn't care about the consequences of actions. She HAS the power to stop some of the horrible things her Father -the supervillain - is doing. Everyone knows that. She's the only person he gives a damn about, other than himself. However, she doesn't bother until it becomes something that effects her. She has to be TOLD about it in a way that makes an imprint. Unfortunately, those same people who insulted President Obama's innocent, scandal-free daughters 24/7 with horrible epithets get their panties in a twist when it's scandal-ridden, adult Ivanka being insulted, even though she deserves the insult. (Which was mainly the feckless part of that, by the way.) So they spin things until they don't have to examine the root cause. Understand now? I hope so.

• I believe Samantha meant to say "...f***less pussy..."

• Samantha, I leave public comments every decade or so and have decided you are the most deserving woman I know. I'm a baby boomer who's still gainfully employed and respected by my colleagues and neighbors alike. I add these details to forestall possible comments that I'm not fit to comment here. Let me say that not only was your comment about Ivanka Trump correct, but I would characterize Sarah Huckabee Sanders in the same way. You don't need to apologize for Americans who have lost - or never learned - the values on which this country was founded. Thanks for speaking out.

• So some of you watched the whole episode and the one thing that really outraged you was Sam using 'c**t'? Nice priorities people.

Love you and love the show, Sam, keep up the good work!!

• For the record, the majority of women in this country are not comfortable with throwing around the use of that word at all. One day, somebody decided to say, "ok, now, it's OUR word, because "bitches" isn't enough"". Most will tell you that this has gone way too far. It's foul.

• Ms. Bee, the show producers, the network bosses all knew exactly what they were doing and had a pre-planned public apology ready to go. They are also very aware of how to gain publicity for a show that was on a downward spiral ratings-wise and breathe life into it again, if only briefly; for them, it was worth taking that chance. They know, as well, that you can gain favor, fans and supporters by making statements that are not necessarily true, but that they know will feed the appetites of all those today who get their facts and opinions via memes, sound bites or web sites that are obviously biased and lean toward their own views. The hell with actual truth or taking time to research something before forming an opinion. Anything that takes more than 15 seconds to read or scan is ignored. Personally, I don't think I want to get my news and views from someone who thinks throwing a large cup of soda (or whatever) directly at the camera filming her makes for a good commercial to represent her and what her show stands for. What is the purpose of this? To show that she is a smart-ass jerk who doesn't care what anybody thinks and will do and say whatever she wants? Is this the type of character and integrity we look up to today? We don't need more people to insult, demean and criticize. We need more people who truly want to find and offer solutions. I cry and fear for us all if this mentality is our future.

• Disgusted. Shame on you (a woman) to ever use the "C" word. There is no comedy in that type of attack. Disappointed that TBS has not taken this seriously and kicked your ass off their network.
    Others have been penalized for much less.
    As a Canadian woman I am appalled how people in America are attacking an American family. Shame on you

• I can't believe this show is still being aired. For the sake of sanity please remove this woman from the spotlight. Her voice is like nails scraping a chalk board. She's not funny and the commercials alone are costing TBS viewers.

• The word you're looking for is "shrill."

• I think that 'feckless cunt' is a wonderful combination of noun and adjective. Thank you, Sam show writers! It rolls off of the tongue, in a spectacularly conclusive concussive sort of way.
    I saw the show after I heard about the controversy, so the impact was more substantial. I was waiting to hear it, I was expecting it, and then I heard it. Boom! Nice. This was in the morning, so I spent the day trying desperately to work 'feckless' into my conversations. That got easier, as the day went on.
    I appreciate the show's humor, content,delivery, and variety.
    Thank you.