Full Frontal with Samantha Bee / June 6, 2018 / Episode Discussion Thread

Discuss tonight's episode here.

Show open: A Message from Sam

Act 1: Missing Migrant Children Update

Act 2: The Texas Conscience

Comments

• Kiss Steel Bastards!!!!!!!🕺🏻

• Great show, funny and sharp. Keep it up, Sam Bee!!

• You are wonderful and I'm glad you addressed this the way you did: with honesty, clarity, humor, humility, dignity and responsibility. Thanks for everything you and your crew do.

• Her explanation of the situation made the whole thing worse. "It's a word I've used on the show many times (never is it acceptable to use. It's just as bad or worse than the N word) hoping to reclaim it (I don't want to be associated with that word ever-just STUPID, "Reclaim" love, God, family, something positive). This time I used it as an insult , many woman have heard that used at the worse times in their lives" (when is it ever used as a compliment?) Please cancel her show.

• edited June 7

Enjoyed the segment "The Texas Conscience".
    It shows there are still some moderate Republicans, even if it is by Texas standards.
    Too bad they still kill their own when one disagrees with party doctrine, even one time.

• I really really appreciate it bringing attention to the migrant children when hardly anyone else will, I am curious if in later episodes they will hold a charity like event to help/ continue to bring attention to it.

• @tobydarla said:
    Her explanation of the situation made the whole thing worse. "It's a word I've used on the show many times (never is it acceptable to use. It's just as bad or worse than the N word) hoping to reclaim it (I don't want to be associated with that word ever-just STUPID, "Reclaim" love, God, family, something positive). This time I used it as an insult , many woman have heard that used at the worse times in their lives" (when is it ever used as a compliment?) Please cancel her show.

I hope to have a decent discussion with you, 

An example of Sam Bee using the word "cunt" as a compliment is if you've watched previous segments of her show she's used the term "thundercunt", which was a kind of badge of honor, even giving Jake Tapper a "thundercunt" t shirt.

Reclaiming words is a difficult subject for certain people but something the queer and black community have done many times.
    You have every right not to be comfortable with reclaiming words and it may have not been ok to use it as an insult but remember that reclaiming slurs a real thing that people do.

• edited June 7

@liw055 said:
    I really really appreciate it bringing attention to the migrant children when hardly anyone else will, I am curious if in later episodes they will hold a charity like event to help/ continue to bring attention to it.

Great idea! And if anyone is interested, there are two fundraisers we suggest donating to, both created by RAICES, https://www.raicestexas.org/.

1. #FreeOurFamilies Family Reunification Bond Fund: https://actionnetwork.org/fundraising/bondfund
    2. The Leaf Project, Universal Representation for Unaccompanied Children: https://actionnetwork.org/fundraising/leafund
  • There is NEVER an appropriate time to use the word that you used. It isn't funny; it is disgusting. The fact that someone has to tell you that says a whole about you and makes clear that the only women that matter in your world agree with everything you say (which, by the way, I am pretty sure Ivanka would fall into that category if she wasn't Donald Trump's daughter). It was a good thing that you apologized even if it was because your boss insisted. By the way, for what purpose do you wish to reclaim that word? Do us all a favor and stop so that the Hollywood elites don't have to continue to make fools of themselves defending you. Have a nice day!

• Texans in Texas are being used for food, money and an astronomical amount of wealth.
    The healthcare systems in Texas is an assembly line, or I should say a disassembly line where innocent Souls are being butchered, mutilated, dismantled and poisoned to death by the American Medical Association, AMA tricks of the eye and mind.

Gas and oil is no longer the commodity it is people Texans or consuming Texans and a complex organized set of antitrust, antiscience and inhumane activities set in motion by the AMA.

Wondering why there is an opioid crisis in the United States? This story will clear it up for you.

Hello, this is my 35th year as a board-certified Family Medicine trained Medical Doctor. I have religiously practiced Health, and Human Services mandated standards of care at that time.

About 25 years ago I began incorporating additional common sense beneficial wellness mandatory daily chores; sleep hygiene, nutritional benefits, physical exercise, yoga, stretching, Epson salt soaking, advising massage, chiropractic and osteopathic services, acupuncture, acupressure, myofascial release, hypnosis, mindfulness, music therapy, charity therapy, and spiritual rituals.

20 years ago, I took my first acupuncture course which opened a portal into a world that had already perfected all the ways and means to fully benefit, mitigate, stabilize, eradicate, and reverse the precise pathology of fibromyalgia and chronic pain; muscle fiber and cellular damages, knots, kinks, spasms, soreness, weakening, atrophy dystrophy, decay, and demise.

About ten years ago I had a profound reveal after reading C. Chan Gunn, MD book. I was wholly wedded to the protocols of acupuncture when Doctor Gunn stated that the needles are the key that unlocks natural healing of diseases and unleashes wound repairing.

Ultimate Enlightening Conclusions:
    The muscular system contains the only tissues within the human body that require direct hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly and lifelong restorative forces and actions for the US to HELP our body natural heal diseases and repair all the ruined muscle tissues for reprocessing.

When you place everything that I mentioned into the one position, the first step, the first therapy used at the tableside at the first visit you discover a “1.” When you put the one in the first position before medications and operations, you have a perfect science method therapeutic deployment of 1-2-3.

The 1 is everything a 30-dimensional set of restorative and beneficial actions which must be performed with hands-on, manual labor, sweat equity, elbow grease, brute force and intramuscular needling.
    The 2s are only medication therapies which you take by mouth, IM, or IV.
    The 3s are only surgical removal options with the surgeon removes ruined, infected, tumors, cancerous and rotten tissues. Aneurysms require repair.

So, for the past 20 years, I have been practicing the 1-2-3 correctly which fully benefits my family practice of patients.

What I have discovered is that Americans are suffering to death from the muscular systems and tissues failing to support a quality of life which present itself as dozens of bewildering signs and symptoms and complaints and clinical findings. Muscle tissues and systems failure is chronic pain, fibromyalgia, anxiety, elevated blood pressure, erratic blood pressure, irregular pulse, inconsistent temperatures, hot-flashes, erratic movement disorders such as weakness, stumbling, Charlie horses, restless leg, the circulation’s, irritable bowel, leaky bladder, erectile dysfunction, and can masquerade as dozens of imminent death emergency room visits.

Muscle systems and tissues failure will also leach toxins, waste products and bits of ruined tissue confusing the immune system and clogging cognitive functions ultimately triggering a deadly change reactions leading to the entire human being Divine Trinity Failure.

Ultimate Diabolical Conclusions:
    The birth of the AMA mission was to amass absolute power and influence authority to monopolize every American's mind into believing that physicians have medication panaceas and could fix the human body like we fix automobiles. If you think about what physicians do today, it is only prescribed medications and operations. The problem is that drugs and procedures do not release natural healing and wound repair. To using a drug or a knife in place of hands-on therapy is deceptive lying cheating stealing witchcraft.

Did you know the AMA invented the medical doctor, invented? Replacements invented back surgeries, invented painkillers to treat pain, invented pain pills to address everything.

They also designed disability; Social Security Insurance Disability is a wastebasket of deceived Americans due to medical malpractice dereliction physician's duties.

By the way, medical doctors have licenses to kill with impunity federally protected by unjust legislation and laws.

The AMA invented a ZERO care option meaning you get nothing beneficial for your misery except blaming and shaming.

The AMA unjustly legalized these unethical patterns: 0-2-3, 0-0-0, 2-2-2, 3-3-3. Without the 1 every therapy used by every medical Doctor is antiscience antichrists and satanic.

This multiple organ system failure syndromes is the reason why 22 veterans kill themselves every day.
    The reason why people commit suicide by taking handfuls of pain pills.
    The reason why physicians have the privilege to remove body parts with impunity in the belief that there helping people improve the quality of life.

I hope you are willing to extend your mission to saving humanity from being consumed by this insanity.
    This is a worldwide issue not just in the states of America.
    This inhumanity is in all English speaking countries.

• Great idea! And if anyone is interested, there are two fundraisers we suggest donating to, both created by RAICES, https://www.raicestexas.org/.

1. #FreeOurFamilies Family Reunification Bond Fund: https://actionnetwork.org/fundraising/bondfund
    2. The Leaf Project, Universal Representation for Unaccompanied Children: https://actionnetwork.org/fundraising/leafund

Thank you so much!!!

• Samantha, I think your show is great. IMO the only thing you should have done differently is use words to describe women you don't like, with the same words you would use for men.
    Language has built in sexism and you just reinforce it when you use different words for women then men. What words describe a woman who cheats on her husband or likes to have sex? Now what words describe a man in this situation (that aren't compliments)? How can women be seen as equal when we don't have the same language tools to describe them?
    IMO calling Ivanka a "dick" or "asshole" would have been better, because it has male parody.